SPECIAL BJÖRK BIOPHILIA PERFORMANCE AT ICELAND AIRWAVES IN COLLABORATION WITH SMEKKLEYSA / BAD TASTE AND MANCHESTER INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL
At Iceland Airwaves 2011 Björk will make a special appearance with her Biophilia live show, exhibition and educational program, in collaboration with Smekkleysa/ Bad Taste and Manchester International Festival; six intimate shows in Björk’s hometown Reykjavík from the 12th to the 3rd of November
(see detailed dates below) in Harpa Concert Hall
For these eight special shows, Björk will be performing new songs from the forthcoming Biophilia studio album as well as music from her genre-defying back catalogue with a group of unique musical collaborators and a choir of 24 girls. The show will feature a range of specially conceived and crafted instruments, among them a bespoke digitally-controlled pipe organ; a 30 foot pendulum that harnesses the earth's gravitational pull to create musical patterns - creating a unique bridge between the ancient and the modern and a bespoke gamelan-celeste hybrid. These devices make visible some of the physical processes that are the subject matter of the songs.
An exhibition where one can enter the world of Biophilia; filled with visuals, sounds and even viruses will be opened in connection with the performances. It will run from the 10th to the 28th of October in Harpa Concert Hall. Educational programs for schoolchildren will also be linked to these performances.
These are the dates for Björk’s special appearance Biophilia show:
- Wed 12 @ Iceland Airwaves (Harpa Concert Hall)
- Sun 16 @ Iceland Airwaves (Harpa Concert Hall)
- Wed 19 @ Harpa Concert Hall
- Sat 22 @ Harpa Concert Hall
- Tue 25 @ Harpa Concert Hall
- Fri 28 @ Harpa Concert Hall
- Mon 31@ Harpa Concert Hall
- Thu 3 Nov @ Harpa Concert Hall
Harpa Doors open at 18.00 and show starts at 20.00. Pick-up for purchased tickets will be at Harpa Music Hall.
Please note: Tickets through general sale are sold out. Tickets are still available through Icelandair packages, see below.
A) If you have already bought an Iceland Airwaves festival pass:
1. If you have already purchased a ticket to Iceland Airwaves you have the chance to get into the shows on October 12th and 16th. 200 tickets for each show will be given out to wristband holders / festival pass holders on a “first come, first served” basis on the day of each show. Pick-up time and place will be announced later.
2. Those who have already purchased a pass to Iceland Airwaves also have a chance to secure a ticket to the Biophilia show before general sales start on July 14th. Ticket holders will receive a special e-mail from their vendor and will be able to buy tickets online. Ticket prices are 9.900 ISK (standing) and 12.900 ISK (seated). To purchase tickets please click on one of the links below.
The Netherlands 1
The Netherlands 2
The United States
B) If you have NOT bought an Iceland Airwaves festival pass & for all other dates:
3. Icelandair packages for all dates can be purchased by clicking on one of the links below. The option to add the Björk concert ticket on to your package will appear during the booking process
The United States
Icelandair is a proud sponsor of Iceland Airwaves and the Biophilia show in Iceland